Note : The information contained on this page does not create a joint venture, partnership, agency or other form of association, or an express or implied license grant by either party to the other under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right.
In a Single Sign-on environment a user will only have one username and one password to remember. Accessing bamboo is simpler and quicker – once they’re logged onto their machine they won’t have to re-log-in each individual application.
Bamboo Single Sign On addon:
SAML Single Sign On (SSO) for Bamboo allows users to sign in to the Bamboo Server with your SAML 2.0 capable Identity Provider. We support all known IdPs - miniOrange, Google Apps, ADFS, Okta, OneLogin, Azure AD, Salesforce, Shibboleth, SimpleSAMLphp, OpenAM, Centrify, Ping, RSA, IBM, Oracle, Bitium, WSO2, NetIQ etc.SAML Single Sign on (SSO) acts as a SAML 2.0 Service Provider and securely authenticate users with your SAML 2.0 Identity Provider.
Features of Bamboo Single Sign On addon:
- Unlimited Authentications via IDP [free]
- Single Sign-On button on login page [free]
- Basic Attribute Mapping [free]
- Step-By-Step Guide to Setup your IdP [free]
- Auto-create users in Bamboo [premium]
- Advanced Attribute Mapping [premium]
- Advanced Role Mapping [premium]
- Enforce login with IDP [premium]
- SAML Single Logout [premium]
- Datacenter support [premium]
- Support for Multiple SAML IDPs* [premium]
In order to setup SSO for Bamboo, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Download the plugin from marketplace and Install it in Bamboo Server:
- Login as administrator in Bamboo.
- Click the administration and choose Add-ons.
- Click on the Manage add-ons.
- Locate SAML Single Sign On for Bamboo via search.
- Results include add-on versions compatible with your Bamboo instance.
- Click Install to download the add-on.
Step 2: Register/Login with miniOrange using addon
- Click on Configure button after installing the add-on.
- Register with miniOrange using a simple form in add-on.
- If you are Already Registered with miniOrange, you can direclty login in to the plugin .
Step 3: Configuring the plugin
- Using IdP information user could add details in Configure SP.
- Provide the required settings (i.e. IdP Entity ID, IdP Single SignOn Service Url, X.509 certificate) in the plugin and save it.
|IdP Entity Id||https://auth.miniorange.com/moas|
|Single Sign On URL||https://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samlsso|
|Identity Provider Certificate||Upload the certificate downloaded from miniOrange Admin Console|
|Username Attribute||Bamboo Username|
|Login Button Text||miniOrange|
Any help needed related to configuring IdP contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387.
Step 4: Click on the Test Configuration button and the User Details would be fetched
- The below screenshot shows the successful result.
- This screenshot shows the attributes that are received and are mapped by attribute mapping.
Step 5:Go to Attribute Mapping Tab And fill in all the fields.
- Attribute Mapping is used by the Identity Provider(IdP) and the Bamboo group(SP) to map user information from IdP to SP
- Attribute Mapping helps you to get user attributes from your IdP and map them to Bamboo user attributes .
- Attributes received in successful Test congiguration are used for Attribute Mapping.
- In Attribute Mapping details like username and NameID as shown in step 4 of Test Successful are mapped to Username and Email respectively.
- Also Full Name or Separate Name(i.e First and Last Name)attributes are given as options according to Bamboo user attributes
- While auto registering the users in your Bamboo group these attributes will automatically get mapped to your Bamboo user details.
Step 6:Role mapping(It is Optional to fill this)
- Bamboo plugin assigns roles to groups which are mapped against those groups.
- Bamboo uses a concept of Groups, designed to give the site owner the ability to control what groups can and cannot do within the site.
- In Role Attribute enter the Attribute Name given against role value of Test Configuration for the user.
- Clicking Create Users checkbox will allow user creation for only those roles whose role is mapped to Bamboo groups in Role Mapping tab. If unchecked, users whose roles are not mapped to Bamboo groups, their group will be set as Default Group.
- Role mapping helps you to assign specific roles to users of a Bamboo group from your IdP.
Step 7:SSO Sign In Settings
There are different ways to login to your Atlassian Bamboo Website.
- Login Button Text make your organization's SSO easy for Bamboo users to recognize.
- You also have option to disable your Bamboo login by clicking Disable Bamboo Login checkbox if you have enable a Single Sign-On plugin.
(If disable your Bamboo Login all users will be redirected to IdP for login.)
- Enable backdoor checkbox allows Administrators to bypass external authentication and log in with a Bamboo administrator using user name annd password.Note: that a logged-in user cannot access this page only an administrator could.
Business trial for free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about Atlassian Single Sign On (SSO).