Note : The information contained on this page does not create a joint venture, partnership, agency or other form of association, or an express or implied license grant by either party to the other under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right.
Attribute and Role Mapping in miniOrange SAML SP plugin
Follow the steps to configure attribute mapping for miniOrange SAML SP plugin. Here is an example for miniOrange IdP.
- Create attribute mapping in your IdP (miniOrange). Create mapping for all the attributes which you want to send to your service provider.
- After configuring SAML settings in the plugin click on Test Configuration button. You will see the attribute name from IdP and corresponding value for a user.
- You need to map the Attribute Names coming from IdP to attributes in SAML plugin. You can also create custom attribues using the plugin.
Follow the steps to configure role mapping for miniOrange SAML SP plugin.
- Create a group mapping in your IdP. Here is an example for miniOrange IdP.
- In the miniOrange SAML SP plugin, select Default group to be assigned to a new user. Default group is assigned to a user if role mapping is not defined for any group from IdP.
- Map the Group / Role from miniOrange IdP to Group / Role in SAML SP plugin settings. For example : If a user is member of DEFAULT group in miniOrange IdP and you want to assign Subscriber role to DEFAULT group members. Assign value DEFAULT against Subscriber role. Similarly if a user is member of ADMIN or SUPERADMIN group in miniOrange IdP and you want to assign Admin role to ADMIN or SUPERADMIN group members. Assign value ADMIN;SUPERADMIN against Admin role.
Attribute and Role Mapping in miniOrange SAML IdP plugin
- Create mapping for attributes which you want to send to your application using miniOrange IdP plugin.
- Map IdP attribute name to service provider attributes.
- Check the check box if you want to send user role from WordPress, Joomla, Jira, Confluence to miniOrange.