miniOrange 2-factor authenticator can protect any cloud app. Simplest app for consumers with enhanced security options for enterprises.
Benefits of using 2-Factor Authentication for Bitcoin.de:
- Adds an extra higher level of security. You can protect your account with something you know(password) and something you have(phone).
- Better protection against phishing. You will always be asked for the security code if you login from an unauthorized device or insecure network.
- No internet connection is required by our miniOrange Authenticator for generating the code, which is uniquely crafted for your account and can be used only once.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide to enable 2-Factor Authentication for Bitcoin.de using miniOrange Authenticator
Step 1: Configure 2-step verification for Bitcoin.de:
- Login into Bitcoin.de account. In the upper right side, click on my Bitcoin.de and in drop down select Settings.
- Now select 2-Factor-Authentication from Security & Login section.
- Click on Activate smartphone/OTP.
Step 2: Pairing with miniOrange authenticator app:
- Now download the miniOrange authenticator app in your phone.
- Open your app, click on '+' to configure it accordingly.
- To verify your phone, click on send a mTAN and enter the code you received on your phone.
- Scan the QR code using your app present on your screen.
- Now enter the code produced by the app and click on Confirm smartphone/OTP activation .
- Your Bitcoin.de account is now paired with miniOrange Authenticator app.
- Next time you open your app, the code will get automatically generated.
Google Authenticator and miniOrange Authenticator
miniOrange Authenticator manages the google Authenticator keys better and easier by providing these extra features:
miniOrange Authenticator app is available for free from Google Play
miniOrange Authenticator app is available for free from the Apple App Store
- miniOrange encrypts all data, whereas Google Authenticator stores data in plain text.
- miniOrange Authenticator app has an extra layer of security i.e. the app has in-build Pin-Protection so you can protect your google authenticator keys or whole app using pin whereas Google Authenticator is not protected at all. No one can steal your keys at all.
- No need to type in the code at all. Just download miniOrange plugin,it can seamlessly connect your computer to your phone. Code will get auto filled and saved.