miniOrange 2-factor authenticator can protect any cloud app. Simplest app for consumers with enhanced security options for enterprises.
Benefits of using 2-Factor Authentication for Evernote:
- Adds an extra higher level of security. You can protect your account with something you know(password) and something you have(phone).
- Better protection against phishing. You will always be asked for the security code if you login from an unauthorized device or insecure network.
- No internet connection is required by our miniOrange Authenticator for generating the code, which is uniquely crafted for your account and can be used only once.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide to enable 2-Factor Authentication for Evernote using miniOrange Authenticator
Step 1: Configure 2-step verification for Evernote:
- Login into Evernote account. In the bottom left corner, click on Account and then select Settings.
- Select Security Summary from Security section and for Two-Step Verification, choose Enable.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Continue.
- Now click on Send Verification Email.
- Enter the code you received on your email and click on Continue.
- Enter your phone number and click on Continue.
- Enter the code you received on your phone and click on Continue.
- Now you will asked to set backup phone number. You can skip it if you want.
Step 2: Pairing with miniOrange authenticator app:
- Now download the miniOrange authenticator app in your phone.
- Open your app, click on '+' to configure it accordingly.
- Click on Continue with Android.
- Scan the barcode using your app present on your screen.
- Enter the code produced by the app and click on Continue.
- Download and Save the backup codes which are generated and click on Continue.
- Enter one of the backup code which you saved earlier and click on Complete Setup.
- Your Evernote account is now paired with miniOrange Authenticator app.
- Next time you open your app, the code will get automatically generated.
Google Authenticator and miniOrange Authenticator
miniOrange Authenticator manages the google Authenticator keys better and easier by providing these extra features:
miniOrange Authenticator app is available for free from Google Play
miniOrange Authenticator app is available for free from the Apple App Store
- miniOrange encrypts all data, whereas Google Authenticator stores data in plain text.
- miniOrange Authenticator app has an extra layer of security i.e. the app has in-build Pin-Protection so you can protect your google authenticator keys or whole app using pin whereas Google Authenticator is not protected at all. No one can steal your keys at all.
- No need to type in the code at all. Just download miniOrange plugin,it can seamlessly connect your computer to your phone. Code will get auto filled and saved.
For further details refer :