miniOrange 2-factor authenticator can protect any cloud app. Simplest app for consumers with enhanced security options for enterprises.
Benefits of using 2-Factor Authentication for Google Apps:
- Adds an extra higher level of security. You can protect your account with something you know(password) and something you have(phone).
- Better protection against phishing. You will always be asked for the security code if you login from an unauthorized device or insecure network.
- No internet connection is required by our miniOrange Authenticator for generating the code, which is uniquely crafted for your account and can be used only once.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide to enable 2-Factor Authentication for Google Apps using miniOrange Authenticator
Step 1: Configure 2-step verification for Google Apps:
- Login into Google Apps account. In the upper right corner, click the dropdown and choose My Account.
- Turn on the 2-step verification by clicking on Off in the signin section.
- Click on Start Setup to proceed further.
Step 2: Verify your phone number:
- Enter your phone number and choose any option according to your choice to receive the code.
- Enter the code which is provided to you by google.
- Proceed further and click on Confirm to confirm your phone number.
Step 3: Pairing with miniOrange authenticator app:
- Under Verification Codes, click on Switch to app to receive codes through a mobile app.
- Now download the miniOrange authenticator app in your phone.
- Choose your phone type from the options available.
- Instead of Google authenticator you will use miniOrange authenticator.
- Open your app, click on configure to configure it accordingly.
- Scan the barcode using your app present on your screen.
- Now enter the code produced by the app and click on Verify and Save.
- Your Google App account is now paired with miniOrange Authenticator app.
- Next time you open your app, the code will get automatically generated.
Google Authenticator and miniOrange Authenticator
miniOrange Authenticator manages the google Authenticator keys better and easier by providing these extra features:
miniOrange Authenticator app is available for free from Google Play
miniOrange Authenticator app is available for free from the Apple App Store
- miniOrange encrypts all data, whereas Google Authenticator stores data in plain text.
- miniOrange Authenticator app has an extra layer of security i.e. the app has in-build Pin-Protection so you can protect your google authenticator keys or whole app using pin whereas Google Authenticator is not protected at all. No one can steal your keys at all.
- No need to type in the code at all. Just download miniOrange plugin,it can seamlessly connect your computer to your phone. Code will get auto filled and saved.
For further details refer :