Step-by-step Guide for Joomla Cross Site Domain login.
With this feature you can share the login between two Joomla website(Cross domain,same domain or sub-domain) by simply adding the other Joomla site URL in the settings, where you want the login to be shared. And adding the HTML button on the current Joomla site which will login to the other Joomla domain.Please make sure you have installed and enabled this plugin on both the Joomla sites. Also the user with the email must exists on both the sites.
Step 1: Installing the plugin.
- You can download the plugin zip file from the download link given at top of this page.
- Login as administrator in Joomla.
- Click on Extension Manager under Extensions.
The Extension Manager is used to install extensions in Joomla. Here you have three options to choose from to install your extension. In most cases, you should go with the first option. The three options are:
Choose miniOrange Joomla plugin file to install (i.e. miniorangecrossdomain.zip).
Install the plugin.
- Upload Package File
- Install from Directory
- Install from URL
Step 2: Configuring the plugin.
- In the Joomla admin interface, click on Plugin Manager under Extensions.
The Plugin Manager allows you to enable and disable Joomla plugins and to edit plugin details and options. It is also useful for quickly enabling or disabling multiple plugins at the same time.
- Search for miniorange in plugins.
- Click on the plugin name and go to Cross Domain login settings tab.
- Enter the Joomla site base URL where you want to share the login(including http:// and not ending with /)
Example Valid URL : http://joomlssite-2.com
- Enter your random shared secret key. Replace the existing shared key with your own key. It must the the same on both the Joomla sites.
- Now you can add link anywhere(Articles, modules, pages) in this Joomla site which will login you to other Joomla Domain. Copy and paste the following link anywhere in your site to login into a different Joomla DOMAIN.
<a href="http://<enter-your-joomla-base-url-CURRENT-DOMAIN>/plugins/authentication/miniorangesaml/saml2/SendSamlRedirect.php?redirect_uri=<OPTIONAL-enter-the-full-landing-page-url-for-other-joomla-site-you-want-the-user-to-log-in-OTHER-DOMAIN> " target="_blank">Login to other domain</a>
Example Valid Link 1(Simple redirect to base page to joomla-site-2):
<a href="http://joomla-site-1.com/plugins/authentication/miniorangesaml/saml2/SendSamlRedirect.php" target="_blank">Login to other domain</a>
Example Valid Link 2(redirect to custom page on joomla-site-2 using redirect_uri):
<a href="http://joomla-site-1.com/plugins/authentication/miniorangesaml/saml2/SendSamlRedirect.php?redirect_uri=http://joomla-site-2/index.php" target="_blank">Login to other domain</a>
- Once the settings are done enable the plugin from the Plugin Manager.