OpenAM, which is an open source access management, entitlements and federation server platform, provides, "all-in-one" access management solution that includes Authentication, SSO, Authorization, Federation, Entitlements, Adaptive Authentication, Strong Authentication, and Web Services Security. OpenAM provides context-aware single sign-on access for all types of devices.
Solutions provided by OpenAM: Access Management
- Authentication based on dynamic, context-based access that is responsive to user location, time zone, device, IP address, time of day.
- Entitlement management that enables users to access applications and services based on permissions and policies.
- Federation and single sign-on with a single identity, allowing users to access services that span the cloud and mobile devices, on premises and off, eliminating the need for multiple passwords, user profiles.
- Social sign-on that supports integration with "sign up and log in with Facebook"-style access.
- Adaptive risk that combines contextual information to evaluate the risk of users attempting to access resources and, if they are deemed suspicious, require a higher level of authentication or identity-proofing.
OpenAM:Access Management software under its free distribution offers its major releases and a community forum for discussion. Inspite of OpenAM having huge feature set, their support offering feature doesn't come under free disrtibution. It happens most of the time, that customers who are coming for a product needs support, for any possible reason, may it be related to product deployment, usability or a completely new use case. miniOrange can provide support for OpenAM, in case a user gets stuck with these kind of issues.
We can provide support for OpenAM in the following ways:
- OpenAM provides about 20 authentication methods out-of-the-box through mobile phone, hardware token, biometric device, we can help in configuration and help you to understand how to use them. We can help in chaining methods together along with Adaptive Risk scoring, or to create custom authentication modules based on the JAAS (Java Authentication and Authorization Service) open standard.
- OpenAM provides different type of authorization policies ranging from basic, simple, coarse-grained rules to highly advanced, fine grained entitlements based on XACML(eXtensible Access COntrol Mark Up Language). We can help in abstraction of authorization policies from application, so that you can change the policy according to your requirements without any need to make any underlying modification in applications.
- OpenAM provides multiple mechanisms for Single Sign on (SSO), we can help you figure out in which category your requirements for SSO stands, whether it is enabling cross-domain SSO for a single organization, or SSO around multiple organizations through the Federation Service.
- OpenAM provides client APIs in Java and C and a RESTful API that can return JSON or XML over HTTP, allowing users to access authentication, authorization, and identity services from web applications. Using REST client, we can provide full support for these APIs on how to use these APIs for development process as per your requirements.
Apart from providing support for OpenAM services we offer services through miniOrange products. We can help you in removing administrative overheads involed in deployment and small issues that might come across while using them, we make sure that you concentrate more on your core development process rather than dealing with security issues. We welcome the new requirements at any phase of development process, customize them and make changes based on customers' requirements and having high quality deliverables .
If you have any such requirements or got stuck with some of the Access Management issues, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +1 978 658 9387.