Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Jira Single Sign On (SSO) using Google Apps as IdP
STEP 1: Configuring Google Apps as IdP
- Go to https://admin.google.com and login to your Google Apps Administrator account.
- On the Admin Home, select More Controls Apps.
- In the App Settings, select SAML apps.
- Click on the "+" button at the bottom right corner to create a new SAML app.
- Now select SETUP MY OWN CUSTOM APP from the popup.
- On the next screen, note down the SSO URL, Entity ID URLs and download the certificate. These will be required while configuring the Plugin.
- Once you have noted the URLs and downloaded the certificate, click on Next.
- Enter the Application Name and Description. Click on Next.
- Configure the following things on the next screen:
||ACS (Assertion Consumer Service) URL from Step1 of the plugin under Configure IDP Tab.
||SP-EntityID / Issuer from Step1 of the plugin under Configure IDP Tab.
||Select Basic Information from the first dropdown. Then Primary Email from the second dropdown.
- Click on Next. Then click on Finish.
- Now go to SAML Apps again. Click on the menu link corresponding to your app (See the screenshot). Then select ON for everyone.
- From the popup, Click on TURN ON FOR EVERYONE.
STEP 2: Configuring Jira as SP
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Configure SP Tab. Enter the following values:
|IDP Entity ID:
||The Entity ID that you noted while configuring the Jira site in Google Apps.
||Single Sign On URL:
||The SSO URL that you noted while configuring the Jira site in Google Apps.
|Single Logout URL:
||The Single Logout URL that you noted while configuring the Jira site in Google Apps.
||Open the .cer certificate file in notepad and copy/paste the entire content of the file.
- In miniOrange SAML plugin, go to Attribute Mapping tab. Enter the following values:
||Name of the username attribute from IDP (Keep Username as NameID by default)
||Name of the email attribute from IDP (Keep Email as NameID by default)
||Name of the firstname attribute from IDP
||Name of the lastname attribute from IDP
- Go to Role Mapping tab. Enter the following values:
||Name of the Role attribute from IDP
- You can check the Test Configuration Results to get a better idea of which values to map here.
- Under the Role Mapping Section, configure which GROUP value coming in the SAML response needs to be mapped to which role. The Group value coming in the SAML response will be mapped to the Role assigned here and the user will be assigned that role.
- Go to Sign In Settings tab. Enable auto-redirect to IDP using Disable Jira login option.
For further details refer :
We offer Security Solutions of Single Sign-On, Two Factor Authentication, Fraud Prevention and much more.
Please call us at +1978 658 9387 (US), +91 77966 99612 (India) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org