miniOrange provides secure access to Tableau for enterprises and full control over access of Tableau. Single Sign On (SSO) into your Tableau Account with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Tableau Single Sign On (SSO).
Step 1: Configure Single Sign On (SSO) Settings for Tableau
- Login as a customer from Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps . Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Tableau and click Add App button.
- Now enter the App name in the Custom application name field.
- To get the SP entity ID and ACS URL, Sign in to your Tableau Online site as a site administrator, and select Settings > Authentication.
- On the Authentication tab, select Enable an additional authentication method > SAML.
- Click the edit connection to obtain the metadata
- Now you can copy tableau online entity ID and ACS URL and paste to the miniOrange console
- In the miniOrange Console select the Email ID from the Name ID dropdown
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Go to the Add Policy>> and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown
- Now enter the Tableau Policy in the Policy Name field
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown
- Click on Save to configure Tableau.
- Click on Download Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later.
- Hit on the Download Metadata XML button
Step 2: Setup Single Sign On for your domain in Tableau
- Go to Tableau Online site to import metadata file into Tableau Online
- Browse the downloaded Metadata file from your system and click on the apply button.
- Now go back to the miniOrange Console and edit the Tableau app
- Enter the email in the Attribute Name field
- Now select the E-mail Address from the Select Attribute Value dropdown
Step 3: Now sign in to your Tableau Online site account with miniOrange IdP by either of the two steps:
1. Using SP initiated login :-
- Now go to your Tableau Online site and click the Test Connection button.
- Login with your email id in the miniOrange Self Service console
- You can see the following screen after a successful SSO.
2. Using IdP initiated login :-
- Login to your miniOrange Self Service Console as an End User and click on the Tableau icon on your Dashboard.
Note : The information contained on this page does not create a joint venture, partnership, agency or other form of association, or an express or implied license grant by either party to the other under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right.
For further details refer :