miniOrange 2-factor authenticator can protect any cloud app. Simplest app for consumers with enhanced security options for enterprises.
Benefits of using 2-Factor Authentication for WordPress:
- Adds an extra higher level of security. You can protect your account with something you know(password) and something you have(phone).
- Better protection against phishing. You will always be asked for the security code if you login from an unauthorized device or insecure network.
- No internet connection is required by our miniOrange Authenticator for generating the code, which is uniquely crafted for your account and can be used only once.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide to enable 2-Factor Authentication for WordPress using miniOrange Authenticator
Step 1: Configure 2-step verification for WordPress:
- Login into WordPress account. In the upper right corner, click on your account image.
- Select Security from Profile section and then click on Two-Step Authentication tab.
- Click on Get Started.
- Enter your phone number and click on Verify via App.
Step 2: Pairing with miniOrange authenticator app:
- Now download the miniOrange authenticator app in your phone.
- Open your app, click on configure to configure it accordingly.
- Scan the QR code using your app present on your screen.
- Now enter the code produced by the app and click on Enable.
- Save and print the backup security codes for future use and click on All Finished.
- Your WordPress account is now paired with miniOrange Authenticator app.
- Now enter one of the backup code you saved earlier to verify that you saved the backup security codes.
- Next time you open your app, the code will get automatically generated.
Google Authenticator and miniOrange Authenticator
miniOrange Authenticator manages the google Authenticator keys better and easier by providing these extra features:
miniOrange Authenticator app is available for free from Google Play
miniOrange Authenticator app is available for free from the Apple App Store
- miniOrange encrypts all data, whereas Google Authenticator stores data in plain text.
- miniOrange Authenticator app has an extra layer of security i.e. the app has in-build Pin-Protection so you can protect your google authenticator keys or whole app using pin whereas Google Authenticator is not protected at all. No one can steal your keys at all.
- No need to type in the code at all. Just download miniOrange plugin,it can seamlessly connect your computer to your phone. Code will get auto filled and saved.
For further details refer :