Bajaj Allianz: SSO Integration for Jira Service Desk Cloud
miniOrange x Bajaj Allianz
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Allianz SE, the world’s leading insurer, and Bajaj Finserv Limited. It caters to individuals across demographics of the country and the corporate sector with its wide range of products and services that go beyond insurance. One of the largest private insurers in the industry with offices in over 1100 towns and cities.
The client was using an on-premise ticketing system to manage requests from its 17-18k internal customers. They were in the process of migrating to the cloud and wanted to authenticate users through Active Directory to ensure that only authorized users could access their Jira Service Desk. Additionally, they wanted to prevent unauthorized access to confidential information if an employee left the organization.
Keeping the client’s requirements in mind, we presented our SSO Integration with Helpdesk solution and configured SSO between their Active Directory and Jira Service Desk. With this solution, user authentication will be done by Active Directory, and only users in the active directory will be able to raise a request on the portal.
Our solution ensured that only authorized users can access the Jira Service Desk, and confidential information is protected. If any user leaves the organization, their access can be revoked by removing that user from the Active Directory. This ensured that former employees cannot access the Jira Service Desk and sensitive information is not compromised.
How It Works
- A Single Sign-On (SSO) solution was implemented to connect the customer portal and Active Directory via SSO integration with help desks. Our app was installed on the Jira service desk and the required SAML configurations were set up.
- Authentication for login requests to the customer portal was done by Active Directory as the identity provider.
- Only users and groups assigned to the SSO application registered in Active Directory were permitted to log in to the customer portal, ensuring security and compliance.
- The admin could remove any user from Active Directory at any time.
- The integration provided authorized personnel with seamless access to the customer portal while maintaining the necessary level of security and control over user access.
The implementation of this solution provided the following benefits to Bajaj Allianz:
- Enhanced Security: The company was able to ensure that only authorized users can access the Jira Service Desk, enhancing security and preventing unauthorized access.
- Simplified User Management: User authentication is done through Active Directory, making it easier for the company to manage user access and remove access when an employee leaves the organization. Streamlined Processes: The company was able to streamline their ticket creation process and provide a better user experience to their internal customers.
- Strengthened Data Protection and Privacy: Our solution ensures that confidential information is protected, and data privacy is maintained.
So, If You Are Looking…
For similar solutions or just to know more about what we can do in the realm of identity and access management, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387. We would be glad to assist and find the best solution for your needs.