Note : The information contained on this page does not create a joint venture, partnership, agency or other form of association, or an express or implied license grant by either party to the other under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right.
WordPress Single Sign-On (SSO) for AWS
Secure access to WordPress from the start with the miniOrange SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) plugin. Easily configurable SAML-compliant WordPress for Amazon EC2. With miniOrange SAML Single Sign-On plugin, WordPress acts as a SAML Service Provider (SP) which can be configured to establish trust between WordPress and a SAML compliant Identity Provider (IdP) to securely authenticate the users logging into the site.
The miniOrange SAML Single Sign-On plugin supports all known IdPs like ADFS, Azure AD, Okta, Salesforce, Shibboleth, SimpleSAMLphp, miniOrange IdP, OpenAM, Centrify, Ping, RSA, IBM, Google Apps (G suite), Oracle, OneLogin, Bitium, WSO2, NetIQ etc., and many more.
Step 1: Setup WordPress
NOTE: The AMI setup uses pre-installed mariadb server and phpmyadmin.
- Copy AMI and launch instance
- Paste your <your-public-ip> to test the instance. You should see Test Page as heading.
- Paste your <your-public-ip>/wordpress on a browser. (You can configure WordPress to open on <your-public-ip> by opening /etc/httpd/conf.d/wordpress.conf and removing # from all lines. Please note, you will need to move phpmyadmin folder to get access it)
- You will be asked to setup WordPress with a Site Title, Username, Password and Email. Fill the form and click on Install WordPress
- Go to <your-public-ip>/wordpress/wp-admin. <your-public-ip> should be replaced with your actual IP address or public DNS.
- Go to Plugins > Installed Plugins menu and enable miniOrange SSO using SAML 2.0
- A menu item miniOrange SAML 2.0 SSO will be added. Click on the menu to start configuring the plugin.
Step 2: Access Database
- Get username and password of database from /var/www/html/wordpress/wp-config.php
- Open SSH connection to server and change username and password following these steps Secure the Database Server
- Open <your-public-dns>/phpmyadmin
- Enter new database credentials
miniOrange Single Sign-On Options:
Single Sign On
miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO) Solution provides easy and seamless access to all enterprise resources with one set of credentials. miniOrange provides Single Sign On (SSO) to any type of devices or applications whether they are in the cloud or on-premise.
SAML Single Sign-On plugin compatible with WordPress OAuth Server
This plugin is also compatible with WordPress OAuth Server plugin. You can now make your WordPress site an OAuth Server and have the users authenticate themselves with your SAML-compliant IDPs like ADFS, Azure AD instead of their WordPress credentials. Click here to read more...
SAML Single Sign-On with HAKA Federation
Haka is the identity federation for the Finnish higher-education and research institutions. Users are able to access federation services using a single user account and password.With miniOrange SAML plugin you can configure multiple IDPs registered with HAKA Federation. This allows the users to authenticate with these IDPs without any external software installation like Shibboleth SP, Gluu server. Get all your user details and choose to auto provision users if necessary all from a single installation of a WordPress plugin. Click here to read more...
Here are the Step by Step Guides to setup different Identity Providers with WordPress -
For more enquiry
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about WordPress Single Sign On (SSO).