Note : The information contained on this page does not create a joint venture, partnership, agency or other form of association, or an express or implied license grant by either party to the other under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right.
miniOrange provides secure access to Halogen for enterprises and full control over access of application. Single Sign On (SSO) into Halogen with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO) for Halogen
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Halogen Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for Halogen
- Save the IDP Metadata to a file named metadata.xml.
- Log into Halogen as an administrator.
- Navigate to Options > SAML Configuration.
- Enter the following information on the SAML Configuration page (see screenshot at end of step for reference):
- Download Halogen Metadata File here and then open in a text editor.
- Copy the value of Location from the file (see above), and paste it into the ACS URL field in miniOrange (see below).
- Unique Identifier: Select NameID
- Unique Identifier Maps to: Select Email Address
- IdP Metadata File:
- Select Browse, then select the metadata.xml file you saved earlier in above steps .
- Select Upload.
- Select Run Test, and wait for the The test was successful message.
- Select Enable SAML.
- Select Save Changes.
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps . Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Halogen and click Add App button.
- Make sure the SP Entity ID or Issuer is in the format: http://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samlsso.
- Make sure the ACS URL is in the format: http://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samlsso.
- Click on Save to configure Halogen.
Step 2: Create a policy for Halogen
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Policies >> App Authentication Policy.
- Add a new policy for Halogen.
- Select Halogen from Application dropdown.
- Select a Group Name from dropdown - the group for which you want to add Halogen policy.
- Give a policy name for Halogen in Policy Name field.
- Select the First Factor Type for authentication.
- Enable Second Factor for authentication if required.
- Click on Save button to add policy for Halogen Single Sign On (SSO).
- Now click on Onboard users into our system from View Policy Tab.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system.
- Download sample csv format from our console and create a CSV file containing your users in this format.
- Upload your CSV in our console via Bulk Upload.
- After uploading the CSV file successfully, you will see a success message.
- From Users/Groups menu, select Manage Users/Groups and go to On Boarding Status. Select users to send activation mail and click on send activation mail. An activation mail will be sent to the selected users.
Step 4: Register users into our system (End Users)
- Sign In to your mail and click on registration link that is valid only for 5 days. You will be redirected to our registration page.
- Configure your basic details.
- Configure any strong authentication method.
- Configure KBA (Security Questions) as your fallback method, in case you lost your phone this will get invoked and save your details.
- After successful registration, you will see a registration successful message.
Step 5: Now sign in to your Halogen account with miniOrange IdP following either of the two steps:
1. Using SP initiated login :-
- Go to https://instance.na1.hgncloud.com/your_domain/saml/SSO. You will be redirected to miniOrange IdP Sign On Page.
- Enter your miniOrange login credential and click on Login. You will be automatically logged in to your Halogen account.
2. Using IdP initiated login :-
- Login to your miniOrange Self Service Console as an End User and click on the Halogen icon on your Dashboard.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Halogen
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, track who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
Your choice of second factor
miniOrange authentication service has 15+ authentication methods.
You can choose from any of the above authentication methods to augment your password based authentication. miniOrange authentication service works with all phone types, from landlines to smart-phone platforms. In the simplest case, users just answer a phone call and press a button to authenticate. miniOrange authentication service works internationally, and has customers authenticating from many countries around the world.
Business trial for free
If you don't find what you are looking for, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at +1 978 658 9387 to find an answer to your question about Halogen Single Sign On (SSO).