miniOrange provides secure access to ITRP for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into ITRP with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for ITRP Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for ITRP
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select ITRP.
- Make sure the SP Entity ID or Issuer is in the format: https://your_domain.itrp.com/access/saml/consume.
- Make sure the ACS URL is in the format: https://your_domain.itrp.com/access/saml/consume
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Add a new policy for ITRP.
- Select a Group Name from the dropdown - the group for which you want to add ITRP policy.
- Give a policy name for ITRP in Policy Name field.
- Select the First Factor Type for authentication.
- Enable Second Factor for authentication if required.
- Click on Save to configure ITRP.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link to see the IDP initiated SSO link for ITRP.
- Keep SAML Login URL , SAML Logout URL and click on the Download Certificate button which you will require in Step 2.
Step 2: Configure ITRP Settings for miniOrange
- Login to your ITRP domain as the Account Administrator.
- Go to Settings and click on the Single Sign On tab on the sidebar.
- Enter the details as shown:
|Remote Logout URL||Enter SAML Logout URL value that you got from Step 1.|
|IP Ranges||Leave blank.|
|SAML SSO URL||Enter SAML Login URL value that you got from Step 1.|
|Certificate Fingerprint||Copy the Thumbprint of the downloaded certificate.|
- Open the certificate that was downloaded earlier.
- Go to Details.
- In the Field column, select Thumbprint.
- Copy the Thumbprint that opens in the pane by pressing CTRL+C (Right-Click won't work!).
- Paste the Thumbprint in the Certificate Fingerprint.
- Click on Save to save the SAML SSO Settings.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system.
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on ITRP application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for ITRP
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.