Nimble Schedule is an online employee scheduling management software. Benefits of using Nimble Schedule are time tracking, staff management, team communication etc. It's primary focus is workforce optimization, streamlined employee scheduling, time clocking and reporting.
miniOrange provides secure access to NimbleSchedule for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into NimbleSchedule with one set of login credentials.
NimbleSchedule supports only IdP (Identity Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for NimbleSchedule Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for NimbleSchedule
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select NimbleSchedule.
- Make sure the SP Entity ID or Issuer is in the format: https://your_domain.nimbleschedule.com/authentication/signin.
- Make sure the ACS URL is in the format: https://your_domain.nimbleschedule.com/authentication/signin
- Select E-mail Address from NameID dropdown list.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the NimbleSchedule in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure NimbleSchedule.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link to see the IDP initiated SSO link for NimbleSchedule.
- Keep IdP Entity ID and copy X.509 Certificate which you will require in Step 2.
Step 2: Configure NimbleSchedule Settings for miniOrange
- Login to your NimbleSchedule domain as the Account Administrator.
- Go to My Account and click on Company Information.
- Go to Single Sign on Information section and enter IdP Entity ID that you got from Step 1 and paste the X.509 Certificate that you have copied in Step 1.
- Click on Save to save the SAML settings.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on NimbleSchedule application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for NimbleSchedule
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
NimbleSchedule Single Sign On (SSO)
We offer Security Solutions of Single Sign-On, Two Factor Authentication, Fraud Prevention and much more.
Please call us at +1978 658 9387 (US), +91 77966 99612 (India) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org