miniOrange provides secure access to Samanage for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into Samanage with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Samanage Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for Samanage
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Samanage and click Add App button.
- Make sure the SP Entity ID or Issuer is in the format: https://your_domain.samanage.com/saml/your_domain.
- Make sure the ACS URL is in the format: https://your_domain.samanage.com/saml/your_domain
- In the Attributes section, enter the value IDPEmail in the Attribute Name field and select E-Mail Address from the Attribute Value list.
- Click on Save to configure Samanage.
- Click on Download Certificate link to download the certificate which will be required later.
- Login to your Samanage domain as the Account Administrator.
- Go to Setup and click on Single Sign-On.
- Select Enable Single Sign-On with SAML and enter the details as shown:
|Identity Provider URL||https://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samlsso|
|x.509 Certificate||Open the downloaded certificate in Notepad and copy the content here.|
- Check both the options for SAML Settings.
- Click on Update to save the SAML SSO Settings.
Step 2: Onboard users into our system
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on Samanage application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Samanage
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
For further details refer :
Samanage Single Sign On (SSO)