Brightspace combines a Learning Environment, ePortfolio, Learning Repository, Video Recorder, Virtual Classroom, eTextbook platform called Binder, and Mobile apps, in one cloud-based platform. Desire2Learn's provide the Learning Environment clients which include Universities, Virtual High School, which is majorly use by over 1200 schools, colleges, universities, and businesses around the world. Desire2Learn built Brightspace which operates as a software as a service.
miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO) provides secure autologin to all your apps in cloud or on-premise, from any mobile platform including iPhone, Android. With miniOrange, you can quickly increase your security of information and resources for your Brightspace Community app without worrying about time for initial set up or future upgrades.
Single Sign On
miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO) Solution provides easy and seamless access to all enterprise resources with one set of credentials, miniOrange provides Single Sign On (SSO) to any type of devices or applications whether they are in the cloud or on-premise.
Secure your brightspace Learning Management System (LMS) domain from password thefts using multi factor authentication methods with 15+ authentication types provided by miniOrange. Our multi factor authentication methods prevent unauthorized users from accessing information and resources having password alone as authentication factor. Enabling second factor authentication for Brightspace protects you against password thefts.
miniOrange prevents frauds with its dynamic risk engine in conjunction with enterprise specific security policy. We support a combination of the Device id, Location and Time of access as multi-factor authentication that can detect and block fraud in real-time, without any interaction with the user.
Step by Step Guide to setup Single Sign On (SSO) with Brightspace
Step 1: Download the metadata file
- Download metadata.xml file from https://<your_domain>.brightspace.com/shibboleth-sp.
- Open the downloaded file and find out and keep SP Entity ID and ACS URL values which you will require in Step 2.
Step 2: Configure miniOrange Settings for Brightspace
- Login as a customer from Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Custom App Put the name Brightspace.
- Enter the SP Entity ID that you get from Step 1.
- Enter the ACS URL that you get from Step 1.
- Select the Email ID from the Name ID dropdown.
- Leave Attributes section empty.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the Brightspace in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure Brightspace.
- Click on Metadata link to see the IDP initiated SSO link for Brightspace.
- Keep IDP Entity ID and Login URL and X.509 Certificate which you will require in Step 3.
Step 3: Configure Brightspace setting for miniOrange
- Login into Brightspace account using Admin login credentials.
- Find out SAML Settings tab.
- Then, add IdP Entity ID, SAML Login URL, X.509 Certificate in the required fields that you get from Step 2.
- Click on the Save Button.
Step 4: Onboard users into our system.
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can login into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 5: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select User Dashboard from right side menu.
- Click on Brightspace application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
Desire2Learn Brightspace- Learning Management System