Jitbit HelpDesk is a complete help desk ticketing system. Majorly this is used by large enterprises, small businesses, startups, and freelancers. It is designed for deployment via cloud hosting and self-hosting, this tool set up users to manage and track incoming support request emails as well as their associated tickets.
miniOrange provides secure access to Jitbit for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into Jitbit with one set of login credentials.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Jitbit Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for Jitbit
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Jitbit.
- Enter the SP Entity ID as https://www.jitbit.com/web-helpdesk/.
- Enter the ACS URL as https://[your_domain].jitbit.com/helpdesk/Saml/Auth.
- Select the Email ID from the Name ID dropdown.
- You can add additional attributes using add attribute option.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the Jibit in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure Jitbit.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link to see the IDP initiated SSO link for Jitbit.
- Keep SAML Login URL and X.509 Certificate with you which you will be required in Step 2.
Step 2: Configure Jitbit setting for miniOrange
- Login to your Jitbit domain as the Account Administrator.
- Click on Administration and select General Settings.
- Scroll down to Authentication settings and select Enable SAML 2.0 single sign on.
- Enter the EndPoint URL and paste the X.509 Certificate that you got from Step 1.
- Click on Save Changes to save the SAML settings.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system.
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login into miniOrange
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on Jibit application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Jitbit
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
Jitbit Helpdesk Single Sign On via SAML