Oracle E-Business Suite is major product line of Oracle Corp's. Oracle EBS, it is an combine set of business applications for automating customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and supply chain management (SCM) processes within organizations.
For web applications that do not provide support for federated single sign-on, we have miniOrange Secure single sign on browser plugins for SSO. Once enabled, end users can see an icon on their browser which auto-fills username and password on the application login page and submit the page automatically to let you access the app.
miniOrange supports all browser extension
- miniOrange Secure Single Sign-On Browser Plugins for SSO support all popular web browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer and Microsoft edge.
- Browser plugin perform a secure driven post to the application login page, signing in the user automatically on their behalf. - The plug-in does not store the credentials anywhere and they are discarded once the user has signed into the application.
- Users credentials are stored in an encrypted format by using AES encryption with the combination of customer specific private key. When a user clicks the application icon, miniOrange securely posts the username/password to the app login page over SSL and the user is automatically logged in.
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Oracle EBS Single Sign On (SSO).
Step 1: Create and connect to your Oracle E-Business Suite instance when using an image from the OCI Console
- Log in to the OCI Service Console.
- Select Menu >> Marketplace which is on the left hand panel under the heading SOLUTIONS, PLATFORM AND EDGE.
- Click on Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.8 Demo Install Image.
- Click on Launch Instance.
- If you found multiple packages then select the latest package version from the dropdown list.
- Select the compartment where you want to install Oracle E-Business Suite.
- In the Create Compute Instance dialog box, specify the following details:
- Enter Name your instance, enter name as per your require.
- In Select an availability domain for your instance, make a suitable selection from the displayed options.
- Under Choose an operating system or image source, you will able to see the name of the OCI Console Marketplace image: Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.8 Demo Install Image.
- In Choose instance type, select option Virtual Machine.
- In Choose instance shape, you will find a default shape. In case, if you want to specify another shape then click on Change Shape.
- In Configure Boot Volume accept the default volume size.
- In Add SSH Key, add file which containing your previously generated SSH public key.
- In Configure Networking, select your Virtual cloud network compartment, Virtual cloud network, Subnet compartment, Subnet.
Note: If the VM is associated with a public subnet and you want to assign a public IP address then click on the Show Advanced Options link and choose the Networking tab, and then click on Assign public IP address box.
- Click on Create .
- Now, Establish SSH Connection.
- Review the security lists associated with the subnet to ensure that an ingress rule exists with the following attributes:
Select SOURCE TYPE as CIDR .
- Select SOURCE CIDR as per your requirement.
Note that 0.0.0.0/0 corresponds to the public internet. We recommend restricting this to the CIDR block that corresponds to the IP range you want to give access to.
- Enter IP PROTOCOL as SSH (TCP/22) .
- Enter DESTINATION PORT as 22 .
- When the instance is fully provisioned and running, connect to it using SSH as described in Connecting to an Instance.
- After the instance has been created (provisioned), it will appear in the instance list. To view full details about it, including IP addresses, click the instance name in the list.
Step 2: Configure miniOrange Settings for Oracle EBS
- Log in as a customer from the Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click on Configure Apps button.
- Click on Browser Add on / Form Post tab .
- Select OracleEBS app.
- Select Group name as default.
- If each user has a different username and password for the app, admin should choose an individual login account option, so that users can save their username and password from the user portal themselves.
- If multiple users are allowed to access the app via same credentials assigned by admin, admin should choose share Login Account option.
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select User Dashboard from right side menu.
- Scroll down on the same page under the section of CONFIGURE YOUR CLOUD APPS section and search for Oracle EBS app, on the app icon you will find setting option. Click on it and select Configure. ( If you are unable to find app in this list then please contact us.)
- Once you done configuration scroll up on same page, and under SIGN-IN TO YOUR FAVOURITE CLOUD APPS section search Oracle EBS app. On Oracle EBS app icon, click on the download symbol.
- It will redirect you to add extension page, now Click on the Add to Chrome.
- Click on Add extension .
- Now, miniOrange extension is added in your extension.
- Click on the app icon from miniOrange user portal, you will be redirected to Oracle EBS login page.
- Now browser extension will auto-fill the username and password credentials automatically. Once enabled, end users can see an icon on their browser which auto-fills username and password on the application login page and submit the page automatically to let user access the app.
- Now, you can see the homepage of the app.
Step 3: Steps to embed this application link in your own website/user portal
- Go to admin dashboard -> Apps -> search for Oracle ebs app -> Click on Link in Action menu against Oracle ebs app.
- Copy the app link and paste it anywhere on your own website - User portal/ Apps Dashboard /Menu, etc.
For further details refer :
Oracle EBS guide
Oracle EBS SSO
Oracle eBusiness Suite