Note : The information contained on this page does not create a joint venture, partnership, agency or other form of association, or an express or implied license grant by either party to the other under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property right.
miniOrange provides secure access to Syncplicity for enterprises and full control over access of application. Single Sign On (SSO) into Syncplicity with one set of login credentials.
Single Sign On
miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO) Solution provides easy and seamless access to all enterprise resources with one set of credentials, miniOrange provides Single Sign On (SSO) to any type of devices or applications whether they are in the cloud or on-premise.
Secure your Syncplicity app from password thefts using multi factor authentication methods with 15+ authentication types provided by miniOrange. Our multi factor authentication methods prevent unauthorized users from accessing information and resources having password alone as authentication factor. Enabling second factor authentication for Syncplicity protects you against password thefts.
miniOrange prevents frauds with its dynamic risk engine in conjunction with enterprise specific security policy. We support a combination of the Device id, Location and Time of access as multi-factor authentication that can detect and block fraud in real-time, without any interaction with the user.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Syncplicity Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for Syncplicity
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps . Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Syncplicity and click Add App button.
- In the SP Entity ID or Issuer field, just enter: ACS URL for now.
- In the ACS URL field, just enter: ACS URL for now.
- Make sure the Single Logout URL is in the format: https://my.syncplicity.com.
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Click on Save to configure Syncplicity.
- Click on Download Certificate link to download the certificate which will be required later.
- Login to your Syncplicity domain as the Account Administrator.
- Click on admin, and go to settings section.
- Click on the Custom domain and single sign-on link.
- Under the Domain Settings, select a Custom Domain for your account and enter the following details in the Single Sign-On (SSO) section:
|Single Sign-On Status||Check Enabled|
|Sign-in Page URL||https://login.xecurify.com/moas/idp/samlsso|
|Logout Page URL||https://login.xecurify.com/moas/idp/samllogout|
|Identity Provider Certificate||Select the Certificate downloaded earlier.|
- Click on Save Changes to save the settings.
- In the miniOrange Customer Admin, go to Apps and click on Edit for Syncplicity app in the table.
- Enter the details as shown:
- Make sure the ACS URL is in the format: https://your_domain.syncplicity.com/Auth/AssertionConsumerService.aspx
- Click on Submit to save the settings.
Step 2: Create a policy for Syncplicity
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Policies >> App Authentication Policy.
- Add a new policy for Syncplicity.
- Select Syncplicity from Application dropdown.
- Select a Group Name from dropdown - the group for which you want to add Syncplicity policy.
- Give a policy name for Syncplicity in Policy Name field.
- Select the First Factor Type for authentication.
- Enable Second Factor for authentication if required.
- Click on Save button to add policy for Syncplicity Single Sign On (SSO).
- Now click on Onboard users into our system from View Policy Tab.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system.
- Download sample csv format from our console and create a CSV file containing your users in this format.
- Upload your CSV in our console via Bulk Upload.
- After uploading the CSV file successfully, you will see a success message.
- From Users/Groups menu, select Manage Users/Groups and go to On Boarding Status. Select users to send activation mail and click on send activation mail. An activation mail will be sent to the selected users.
Step 4: Register users into our system (End Users)
- Sign In to your mail and click on registration link that is valid only for 5 days. You will be redirected to our registration page.
- Configure your basic details.
- Configure any strong authentication method.
- Configure KBA (Security Questions) as your fallback method, in case you lost your phone this will get invoked and save your details.
- After successful registration, you will see a registration successful message.
Step 5: Now sign in to your Syncplicity account with miniOrange IdP following either of the two steps:
1. Using SP initiated login :-
- Go to https://your_domain.syncplicity.com. You will be redirected to miniOrange IdP Sign On Page.
- Enter your miniOrange login credential and click on Login. You will be automatically logged in to your Syncplicity account.
2. Using IdP initiated login :-
- Login to your miniOrange Self Service Console as an End User and click on the Syncplicity icon on your Dashboard.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Syncplicity
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, track who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
Your choice of second factor
miniOrange authentication service has 15+ authentication methods.
You can choose from any of the above authentication methods to augment your password based authentication. miniOrange authentication service works with all phone types, from landlines to smart-phone platforms. In the simplest case, users just answer a phone call and press a button to authenticate. miniOrange authentication service works internationally, and has customers authenticating from many countries around the world.