Configure SAP Successfactors Provisioning & Deprovisioning
SAP Successfactors Provisioning is an automated solution for Identity and Access Management that helps users provision their SAP Successfactors user’s identities or accounts to their existing or new applications in no time making Successfactors provisioning a fast solution for identity and access management.
SAP Successfactors User Provisioning and deprovisioning actions are bi-directional that create accounts inside an external application as well as import them into miniOrange, or alternatively create the accounts in miniOrange and then import to any linked external applications. miniOrange user provisioning allows you to update & manage the user information in your database or applications when you perform creation (new hire), updation (role change) or deletion (termination) in your miniOrange service. SAP Successfactors Deprovisioning involves the removal of an user and their access from multiple applications and network systems at once during termination and role change within the organization.
Thus SAP Successfactors Provisioning helps in the synchronization of their attribute’s data across multiple user stores and downstream applications , management of their access privileges and user data throughout the user lifecycle and enhancement of their security profile by removing access to sensitive applications and content.
This step-to-step provisioning guide will help you to configure User Provisioning for SAP SuccessFactors to enable automated provisioning in all the integrated applications.
- SAP Successfactors prerequisites to enable Provisioning
- Contact SuccssFactors or the implementation partner to get the SuccessFactors SF API enabled for your tenant. They will need to log in to the Provisioning Access Console > Select your company > Company Settings > Under Web Services, and check the SFAPI and Employee Central SOAP API fields.
- miniOrange prerequisites to enable Provisioning
Provisioning & Deprovisioning Scenarios
miniOrange provides solutions for all scenarios of enabling provisioning, which includes AD Integration, LDAP Integration and automated provisioning for all External Applications such as Office 365, Google Workspace, SAP Successfactors, etc
Follow the Step-by-Step Provisioning Guide given below to enable SAP Successfactors Provisioning
1. Configure Provisioning in SAP Successfactors
- Login into miniOrange Admin Console.
- From the Provisioning section select Custom Application from the dropdown.
- Enter the following configuration details:
|Create User Endpoint Url
||Enter the create user endpoint url
|Update User Endpoint Url
||Enter the update user endpoint url
|Delete User Endpoint Url
||Enter the delete user endpoint url
|Password Sync Endpoint Url
||Enter the password sync user endpoint url
|Authorization Header Key Name
||Enter the headers for the API call
|Authorization Header Field Name
||Enter the header field name for the API call
||Select the content type for API Request
||Enter the API Request parameters
||Enter the key containing the status of the ARI Response
||Enter the success value for the status key
||Enter the key containing the error message
- To Add API attributes for attribute mapping, click + and enter API Attribute and its corresponding Attribute Value.
- Enable the provisioning features such as Import User, Create User, Edit User, Delete User and Password Sync which you want for users and click Save.
2. Import Users
- Go to Import Users Tab and select SAP Successfactors from the dropdown. Click on Import to create users in miniOrange.
- Once the import is done. You can view these users in Users >> User List.
3. Create Users
- To create a user in miniOrange, Go to Users >> User List >> click on the Add User button.
- Fill out user basic information and click on Create User button.
- After creating user in miniOrange it will automatically create the same user in SAP Successfactors.
4. Edit Users
- To update user profile, Go to Users >> User List.
- Select a particular user and in Actions dropdown select Edit.
- Fill out user updated information and click on Save button.
5. Delete Users
- To delete user, Go to Users >> User List.
- Select a particular user and from Actions dropdown select Delete.
- A pop up will appear. Click on the Yes button.
6. Password Sync
- To send password sync emails to the users with the links to reset their SAP Successfactors account password, Go to Users >> User List and click on On Boarding Status tab.
- Select users and from Select Action dropdown select Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on the activation link and it will direct to reset password.
- Once the new password is set, it will be synced.