Skillsoft is an eLearning platform which provides online training solutions for enterprises. Skillsoft is backed by an award winning customer support with more than 95% customer satisfaction to date. The solutions include Business Skills Training, IT Skills etc. This LMS provides a plethora of courses, videos and books. Skillsoft is cloud based so that the user can access information whenever they want.
With miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO), you can quickly increase your security of information and resources for your Skillsoft SkillPort app without worrying about time for initial set up or future upgrades.
Single Sign On
miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO) Solution provides easy and seamless access to all enterprise resources with one set of credentials, miniOrange provides Single Sign On (SSO) to any type of devices or applications whether they are in the cloud or on-premise.
Secure your Skillsoft SkillPort Learning Management System (LMS) domain from password thefts using multi factor authentication methods with 15+ authentication types provided by miniOrange. Our multi factor authentication methods prevent unauthorized users from accessing information and resources having password alone as authentication factor. Enabling second factor authentication for SkillPort protects you against password thefts.
miniOrange prevents frauds with its dynamic risk engine in conjunction with enterprise specific security policy. We support a combination of the Device id, Location and Time of access as multi-factor authentication that can detect and block fraud in real-time, without any interaction with the user.
Follow the Step by Step Guide to Configure SSO with Skillsoft Skillport
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for Skillsoft SkillPort
- Login as a customer from Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Custom App. Put the name Skillsoft SkillPort.
- Enter the SP Entity ID as https://sso.skillport.com.
- Enter the ACS URL as https://sso.skillport.com/sp/ACS.saml2.
- Select the Email ID from the Name ID dropdown.
- You can add additional attributes using add attribute option.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the Skillsoft SkillPort in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure Skillsoft SkillPort.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link
to see the IDP initiated SSO link for Skillsoft SkillPort.
- Hit on the Download Metadata XML button to download the metadata.xml file.
Step 2: Configure Skillsoft setting for miniOrange
- Contact the Skillsoft representative and provide the Metadata File from the miniOrange Web Admin. From there, Skillsoft will provide a test link to try the integration.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system.
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can login into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select User Dashboard from right side menu.
- Click on Skillsoft SkillPort application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
Skillsoft Platform Solution