miniOrange provides secure access to AppDynamics for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into AppDynamics with one set of login credentials.
Single Sign On
miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO) Solution provides easy and seamless access to all enterprise resources with one set of credentials, miniOrange provides Single Sign On (SSO) to any type of devices or applications whether they are in the cloud or on-premise.
Secure your AppDynamics app from password thefts using multi-factor authentication methods with 15+ authentication types provided by miniOrange. Our multi-factor authentication methods prevent unauthorized users from accessing information and resources having password alone as an authentication factor. Enabling second-factor authentication for AppDynamics protects you against password thefts.
miniOrange prevents frauds with its dynamic risk engine in conjunction with enterprise specific security policy. We support a combination of the Device id, Location and Time of access as multi-factor authentication that can detect and block fraud in real-time, without any interaction with the user.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for AppDynamics Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for AppDynamics
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select AppDynamics.
- Enter the SP Entity ID as https://your_domain.saas.appdynamics.com/controller/saml-auth?accountName=your_domain.
- Enter the ACS URL as https://your_domain.saas.appdynamics.com/controller/saml-auth?accountName=your_domain
- Enter the Single Logout URL as https://login.windows-ppe.net/6247032d-9415-403c-b72b-277e3fb6f2c8/saml2.
- Scroll down to the Attributes section, enter the value accountName in the Attribute Name field and select Custom Attribute Value from the Attribute Value list and in the Custom Attribute Value enter AppDynamics Domain Name.
- Click on the '+' icon beside Add Attributes to add another set of attributes and enter the value emailAddress in the Attribute Name field and select E-Mail Address from the Attribute Value list.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the AppDynamics in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure AppDynamics.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link to see the IDP initiated SSO link for AppDynamics.
Step 2: Configure AppDynamics settings for miniOrange
- Login to your AppDynamics domain as the Account Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon and select Administration.
- Under the Authentication Provider tab, select SAML. Enter SAML Login URL, SAML Logout URL and paste the X.509 Certificate that you got from Step 1.
- Select the Default Roles as per your requirements.
- Click on Save to save the SAML Settings.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system.
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on App application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for AppDynamics
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
Your choice of the second factor
miniOrange authentication service has 15+ authentication methods.
You can choose from any of the above authentication methods to augment your password based authentication. miniOrange authentication service works with all phone types, from landlines to smart-phone platforms. In the simplest case, users just answer a phone call and press a button to authenticate. miniOrange authentication service works internationally and has customers authenticating from many countries around the world.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
AppDynamics SAML Configuration