osTicket is a widely-used open source support ticket system. It seamlessly integrates inquiries created via email, phone and web-based forms into a simple easy-to-use multi-user web interface. Manage, organize and archive all your support requests and responses in one place while providing your customers with accountability and responsiveness they deserve.
Why miniOrange PHP SAML 2.0 Connector ?
- Signing: Configure Signed Response and assertion to determine whether SAML authentication response message is digitally signed by the IDP.
- Encryption: Choose whether the SAML assertion is encrypted or not. Encryption ensures that only the sender and receiver can understand the assertion.
- Configurable SP base URL: You can provide custom SP base URL depending upon your Service Provider Configuration.
- Auto-redirect to your application after SSO: The admin can provide an application URL, which will be used as a redirect URL after logging in.
- Attribute Mapping: Map users attribute to session variables, which can be retrieved and used at the application endpoint.
- Single Logout: You can logout of all your applications by a single click.
miniOrange Identity Management Features
miniOrange Single Sign-On (SSO) Solution provides easy and seamless access to all enterprise resources with one set of credentials. miniOrange also provides secure authentication by establishing a trust relationship between the Service Provider and Identity Provider. miniOrange Single Sign-On supports SSO to any type of device or application whether they are in the cloud or on-premise. Learn More
Secure your osTicket application from password theft using multi-factor authentication methods with 15+ authentication types provided by miniOrange. Our multi-factor authentication methods prevent unauthorized users from accessing information and resources having passwords alone as an authentication factor. Enabling second-factor authentication for osTicket protects you against password thefts. Learn More
miniOrange provides IP blocking/IP restriction for osTicket login which adds security to Gmail, Web, and other applications. In this, we provide you option for IP blocking which includes both automatic (based on user behavior) and manual IP blocking which includes blacklisting and whitelisting of IP addresses to provide access restriction, the office only access, intranet access & network restriction. Learn More
miniOrange Adaptive Authentication aims to provide a better experience to reduce the authentication burden on users while enforcing strong authentication where it is needed the most. For example, when a user attempts to access an application via an unregistered device then they may be prompted to register it. If the user logs in from a geographical location other than their office, they may be asked to answer security questions. Learn More
miniOrange User Provisioning provides an easy way of creation, management, and maintenance of end-users especially for large enterprises to reduce the risk for unauthorized access of information. User provisioning includes the creation, updating and deletion of user accounts. User provisioning makes life easier for admins because they do not have to manually arrange access for each user. Learn More
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
We can connect with any External IDP/Directory
miniOrange provides user authentication from external directories like ADFS, Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD, OpenLDAP, Google, AWS Cognito etc. It also provides user authentication with other IDPs like Shibboleth, PING, Okta, OneLogin, KeyCloak and many more.
Can't find your IDP ? Contact us on email@example.com. We'll help you set it up in no time.
Steps for Single Sign On into osTicket using PHP SAML 2.0 Connector
Step 1: Download and Setup the PHP connector.
- Download miniOrange PHP SAML 2.0 Connector from here.
- Setup the connector on the same domain where you have PHP application running.
- Access SSO connector from your browser with URL https://<connector-path>/sso
- Register into SSO connector by providing a valid email address and password.
- After registration, log in to the dashboard using the credentials you provided during registration. Click on Login
Step 2: Configure osTicket in miniOrange
- Login into miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps.
- Click on Add Applicaton button.
- In Choose Application Type click on Create App button in SAML/WS-FED application type.
- In the next step, search for your application from the list, if your application is not found. Search for "custom" and you can set up your app via Custom SAML App.
- Enter the following values:
|Service Provider Name
|| Choose appropriate name according to your choice (E.g app1)
|SP Entity ID or Issuer
||Connector Entity ID from SP settings section in step 1
|ACS URL X.509 Certificate (optional)
||Connector ACS URL from SP settings section in step 1
|| Choose appropriate name according to your choice
- Click on Save to configure osTicket.
- Now to get the IDP metadata of the app configured, Go to apps >> your_app >> select >> metadata tab.
- Click on the Show Metadata Details link in the Information required to set meiniorange as IDP section.
Step 3: Setup SSO in connector
- Setup SSO in PHP saml connector
- To configure the php saml connector, need to add metadata values from step 2 in Identity Provider Settings.
- You can configure the SP base url or leave this option as it is.
- Click on the Submit button to save your settings.
Step 4: Test the Configuration
- You can test if the plugin is configured properly or not by clicking on the Test Configuration button.
- You should see a Test Successful screen as shown below along with the user's attribute values.
Step 5: Setup the connector to work with osTicket Application
To download the osTicket - Support Ticket System Click here
. Once the SSO test was successful, you can provide an Application URL, to where the users will be redirected after logging in.
Step 6: Configure 2FA for miniOrange Admin Dashboard and osTicket
6.1: Configure 2FA for miniOrange Admin Dashboard.
- From your miniOrange Dashboard in the left navigation bar, select 2- Factor Authentication, click on Configure 2FA.
- Choose any 2FA method you want to configure.
- Let's say you want to configure OTP over SMS
- Click on OTP over SMS
- Now add your mobile number on which you want to receive the OTP.
- Then click on Save.
- Now as shown in the above image, OTP over SMS is your Active 2FA method.
- Enable Prompt for second factor during signin to your console.
- Then click on Save.
- To verify the configuration login again.
- You will be asked for Username and password then it is redirected to below page:
- Enter the OTP received on the phone and click on verify.
- If you are redirected to your dashboard, you have successfully configured OTP over SMS as your 2FA method.
- Similarly you can configure rest of the 2FA methods for miniOrange dashboard by following this guide.
- To configure 2FA methods for end-users, You can find the guide here.
6.2: Enable 2FA for Users of osTicket application.
- To enable 2FA for Users of osTicket application. Go to Policies >> App Authentication Policy
- Click on Edit against the configured application
- Enable the Enable 2-Factor Authentication (MFA) option.
- Click on Save.
For Further Details:
See our Single Sign On features.
Why Our Customers choose miniOrange Secure Identity Solutions ?
miniOrange provides 24/7 support for all the Secure Identity Solutions. We ensure high quality support to meet your satisfaction.
miniorange provides most affordable Secure Identity Solutions for all type of use cases and offers different packages based on customer's requirement.
Request A Quote
We offer Secure Identity Solutions for Single Sign-On, Two Factor Authentication, Adaptive MFA, Provisioning, and much more. Please contact us at -
+1 978 658 9387 (US) , +91 97178 45846 (India) | firstname.lastname@example.org