Blackboard is a Learning Management System (LMS) that provides simple, but powerful and easy workflows, enabling quick adoption by educators and students to create a better learning experience and increase engagement. Blackboard Open LMS keeps learners on track and allows storage, sharing, and collaboration around content quickly and easily. Blackboard helps organizations provide today’s diverse employees with flexible professional development, training and online learning which they need to be successful.
With miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO), you can quickly increase your security of information and resources for your Blackboard app without worrying about time for initial set up or future upgrades.
Step by Step Guide to setup SSO with Blackboard
Step 1: Get Service Provider (Blackboard) Configuration
- Login to your Blackboard using Admin login credentials.
- Navigate to System Admin >> Authentication.
- Select Create Provider >> SAML. Enter the following settings:
||Type an appropriate name
|Authentication Provider:||set as Active.|
|User Lookup Method:||Username.|
|Restrict by Hostname:||Use this provider for any hostnames.|
|Link Text:||Login into miniOrange.|
- Select Save and Configure.
- Then, Copy ACS URL.
Step 2: Configure miniOrange with Blackboard
- Login as a customer from Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Custom App. Put the name Blackboard and click Add App button.
- Make sure to enter the SP Entity ID with the provided value from backboard.
- Make sure to enter the ACS URL that you get from Step 1.
- Select the Email ID from the Name ID dropdown.
- Add the Attributes like First Name as firstname, Last Name as lastname, E-mail Address as mail.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the Blackboard in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure Blackboard.
- Click on Metadata and copy IDP Enitiy ID and SAML Login URL.
Step 3: Configure Complete Blackboard
- Go back to Blackboard, In the Discovery Service URL, enter the Login URL that you get from the above step.
- In the Remote User ID field, select NameID.
- Map the SAML attribute names with valid user attributes such as, First Name as firstname, Last Name as lastname, Email as mail.
- Save your configurations.
Step 4: Onboard users into our system.
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can login into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 5: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select User Dashboard from right side menu.
- Click on Blackboard application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
For Further Details
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)