Envoy is a visitor management solution for your workplace. Envoy operates through an iPad app which greets visitors on the front desk. The visitors can sign up through the app and the app automatically notifies employees about the visitors.
miniOrange provides secure access to Envoy for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into Envoy with one set of login credentials.
Envoy supports only IdP (Identity Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Envoy Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for Envoy
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Envoy.
- Enter the SP Entity ID or Issuer as https://web.signwithenvoy.com/saml/consume.
- Enter the ACS URL as
- Click on Show Advanced Settings. Against Relay State select Custom Attribute Value.
- Enable Override RelayState.
- You can set another value for relay state depending on where you want to redirect the user after SSO.
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Add a new policy for Envoy.
- Select a Group Name from the dropdown - the group for which you want to add Envoy policy.
- Give a policy name for Envoy in the Policy Name field.
- Select the First Factor Type for authentication.
- Enable Second Factor for authentication if required.
- Click on Save to configure Envoy.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link to see the IDP initiated SSO link for Envoy.
- Click on Download Metadata button to download the metadata which you will require later.
Step 2: Configure Envoy settings for miniOrange
- Login to your Envoy domain as the Account Administrator.
- Go to Settings and click on ACCOUNT.
- Scroll down to SAML and click on Enable.
- Open the certificate that was downloaded earlier.
- Go to Details.
- In the Field column, select Thumbprint.
- Copy the Thumbprint that opens in the pane by pressing CTRL+C (Right-Click won't work!).
- Paste the Thumbprint in the Fingerprint field.
- Click on Save to save the SAML settings.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on Envoy application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Envoy
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They' re easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
Envoy Single Sign On (SSO)
We offer Security Solutions of Single Sign-On, Two Factor Authentication, Fraud Prevention and much more.
Please call us at +1978 658 9387 (US), +91 77966 99612 (India) or email us at email@example.com