miniOrange provides secure access to Mingle for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into Mingle with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Mingle Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for Mingle
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Mingle.
- Enter the SP Entity ID as https://profile.thoughtworks.com/saml/consume.
- Enter the ACS URL as https://profile.thoughtworks.com/saml/consume
- Click on Show Advanced Settings. Against Relay State select Custom Attribute Value
- Enable Override RelayState.
- You can set another value for relay state depending on where you want to redirect the user after SSO.
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Add a new policy for Mingle.
- Select a Group Name from the dropdown - the group for which you want to add Mingle policy.
- Give a policy name for Mingle in the Policy Name field.
- Select the First Factor Type for authentication.
- Enable Second Factor for authentication if required.
- Click on Save to configure Mingle.
- Login to your Mingle domain as the Account Administrator.
- In the menu, click on Admin and select SSO Config.
- Click on the EDIT button under the SAML Metadata section.
- For downloading the miniOrange Metadata, Contact Us.
- Select the downloaded metadata from the Choose File option.
- Click on SAVE CHANGES to save the SAML settings.
Step 2: Onboard users into our system
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 3: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on Mingle application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Mingle
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.