miniOrange provides secure access to SumoLogic for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into SumoLogic with one set of login credentials.
Single Sign On
miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO) Solution provides easy and seamless access to all enterprise resources with one set of credentials, miniOrange provides Single Sign On (SSO) to any type of devices or applications whether they are in the cloud or on-premise.
Secure your SumoLogic app from password thefts using multi-factor authentication methods with 15+ authentication types provided by miniOrange. Our multi-factor authentication methods prevent unauthorized users from accessing information and resources having password alone as an authentication factor. Enabling second-factor authentication for SumoLogic protects you against password thefts.
miniOrange prevents frauds with its dynamic risk engine in conjunction with enterprise specific security policy. We support a combination of the Device id, Location and Time of access as multi-factor authentication that can detect and block fraud in real-time, without any interaction with the user.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for SumoLogic Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for SumoLogic
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select SumoLogic and click Add App button.
- In the SP Entity ID or Issuer field, just enter ACS URL for now.
- In the ACS URL field, just enter ACS URL for now.
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the Canvas in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure Canvas.
- Enable Second Factor for authentication if required.
- Click on Save to configure SumoLogic.
- Click on Download Certificate link to download the certificate which you will require later.
- Login to your SumoLogic domain as the Account Administrator.
- Click on Manage, and go to Security.
- Click on the SAML button.
- Enter the following details in the Configure SAML 2.0 section:
|Authn Request URL||https://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samlsso|
|X.509 Certificate||Open the downloaded certificate in Notepad and copy the content here.|
|Email Attribute||Select Use SAML Attribute and enter Email in the field below.|
|SP Initiated Login||Check the option.|
|Login Path||Enter any value for your reference like "myLogin".|
|On Demand Provisioning||If checked, then enter the next three values.|
|First Name Attribute||Enter FirstName|
|Last Name Attribute||Enter LastName|
|Roles||Enter any roles you have made.|
|Logout Page||Check and enter: https://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samllogout|
- Click on Save to save the settings.
- Again click on the SAML button under the Security section.
- Note down the SP Initiated Redirect URL as well as the Assertion Consumer (ACS URL).
- In the miniOrange Customer Admin, go to Apps and click on Edit for SumoLogic app in the table.
- Enter the details as shown:
- Enter the ACS URL as noted down from the SumoLogic SAML Configuration Page.
- In the Attributes section, click on the '+' icon besides Attributes to add a set of attributes and enter the value Email in the Attribute Name field and select E-Mail Address from the Attribute Value list.
- Click on the '+' icon again to add another set of attributes and enter the value FirstName in the Attribute Name field and select First Name from the Attribute Value list.
- Click on the '+' icon again to add another set of attributes and enter the value LastName in the Attribute Name field and select Last Name from the Attribute Value list.
- Click on Submit to save the settings.
Step 2: Onboard users into our system
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 3: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on sumologic application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for SumoLogic
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
Your choice of the second factor
miniOrange authentication service has 15+ authentication methods.
You can choose from any of the above authentication methods to augment your password based authentication. miniOrange authentication service works with all phone types, from landlines to smart-phone platforms. In the simplest case, users just answer a phone call and press a button to authenticate. miniOrange authentication service works internationally and has customers authenticating from many countries around the world.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
SumoLogic SSO SAML Setup