miniOrange provides secure access to Flatter Files for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into Flatter Files with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for Flatter Files Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for Flatter Flies
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Flatter Files.
- Enter the SP Entity ID as https://www.flatterfiles.com/saml.
- Enter the ACS URL as https://www.flatterfiles.com/saml
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the Flatter Files in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure Flatter Files.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link to see the IDP initiated SSO link for Flatter Files.
- Keep SAML Login URL and X.509 Certificate which you will require in Step 2.
Step 2: Configure Flatter Files Settings for miniOrange
- Login to your Flatter Files account as the Account Administrator.
- On the Dashboard, go to Settings and click on Company.
- Check the Use SAML 2.0 for Authentication option.
- Click on Configure SAML.
- Enter SAML Login URL value against Identity Provider URL and paste the X.509 Certificate that you got from Step 1.
- Click on Update to save the SAML SSO Settings.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on Flatter Files application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Flatter Files
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
For further details refer :
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
flatterflies Single Sign On