HappyFox is a software as a service (SaaS) support platform. Happyfox has developed a very flexible Help Desk and Live Chat support. It offers an enterprise-grade help desk ticketing system and an intuitively designed live chat software.
miniOrange provides secure access to HappyFox for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into HappyFox with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for HappyFox Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for HappyFox
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select HappyFox and click Add App button.
- Enter the SP Entity ID or Issuer is in the format: https://your_domain.happyfox.com/staff/saml/callback/.
- Enter the ACS URL is in the format: https://your_domain.happyfox.com/staff/saml/callback/
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Click on Save to configure HappyFox.
- Keep SAML Login URL and click on Download Certificate button to download the certificate which you will require later.
- Login to your HappyFox domain as the Account Administrator.
- Go to Manage tab and click on Integrations.
- Under the External section, look for SAML Integration and click on configure.
- Under the Basic SAML Settings, select Yes in both the drop-down lists and click on Save Settings.
- Under the SAML Configuration section, enter the details as shown:
|Choose SSO Provider||Custom SAML Method|
|SSO Target URL||Enter SAML Login URL that you got from above.|
|IdP Signature||Open the downloaded certificate in Notepad and copy the content here.|
- Select whom to authenticate using SAML as per your requirements and click on Save Settings.
Step 2: Onboard users into our system
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 3: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on HappyFox application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for Happyfox
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.