miniOrange provides secure access to KudosNow for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into KudosNow with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for KudosNow Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure SSO for KudosNow
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select KudosNow.
- Make sure the SP Entity ID or Issuer is in the format: https://your_domain.kudosnow.com/saml.
- Make sure the ACS URL is in the format: https://your_domain.kudosnow.com/saml.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings. Against Relay State select Custom Attribute Value & enter
- Enable Override RelayState.
- You can set another value for relay state depending on where you want to redirect the user after SSO.
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Add a new policy for KudosNow.
- Select a Group Name from the dropdown - the group for which you want to add KudosNow policy.
- Give a policy name for KudosNow in Policy Name field.
- Select the First Factor Type for authentication.
- Enable Second Factor for authentication if required.
- Click on Add Apps to configure KudosNow.
- Click on Metadata to download the certificate which will be required later.
- Login to your KudosNow account as the Account Administrator.
- Click on the Settings icon, go to Account.
- Under the Integrations section, go to SSO and enter the details as shown:
|Sign on URL||https://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samlsso|
|x509 certificate||Open the downloaded certificate in Notepad and copy the content here.|
|Logout To URL||https://auth.miniorange.com/moas/idp/samllogout|
|Your Kudos URL||Enter a domain name for your Kudos account.|
- Click on Save to save the SAML settings.
- In the miniOrange Customer Admin, go to Apps and click on Edit for KudosNow app in the table.
- Enter the details as shown:
- Make sure the ACS URL is in the format: https://your_domain.kudosnow.com/saml
- Click on Submit to save the settings.
Step 2: Onboard users into our system.
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can login into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 3: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select User Dashboard from right side menu.
- Click on KudosNow application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for KudosNow
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They' re easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
For further details refer :