Saba is a Learning Management System (LMS) that provides online training solutions which is used by more than 4,000 customers across 195 countries around the world. Saba provides some powerful features including Virtual Classroom, Video Learning, Learning Assessments, Smart Learning Paths, Reporting & Analytics. Saba is a cloud-based learning management solution (LMS) that allows you to create and manage learning activities like web-based, instructor-led, video-based, or file based courses and classes. It also supports content from third party providers including Lynda.com, OpenSesame, Skillsoft etc.
With miniOrange Single Sign On (SSO), you can quickly increase your security of information and resources for your Saba app without worrying about time for initial set up or future upgrades.
Step by Step Guide to setup SSO with Saba
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for Saba
- Login as a customer from Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select Custom App. Put the name Saba and click Add App button.
- Make sure to enter the temporary SP Entity ID.
- Make sure to enter the temporary ACS URL.
- Select the Email ID from the Name ID dropdown.
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the Saba in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure Saba.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link
to see the IDP initiated SSO link for Saba.
- Hit on the Download Metadata XML button to download the metadata.xml file.
Step 2: Configure Saba setting for miniOrange
- Login to your Saba using Admin login credentials.
- Open SYSTEM >> SAML SSO Setup, then click SETUP SAML SSO.
- Select the required microsite, then click on Add and Configure.
- Upload metadata.xml file from Step 1 by clicking on BROWSE button, then click on IMPORT.
- Choose Configure SP tab, select Basic then click on GENERATE.
- Click on the Configure Properties tab and enable SAML SSO to true, then click SAVE.
- On SAML SSO Setup page click on your SiteName and copy your Saba End Point URL value.
Step 3: Update Saba ACS URL in miniOrange
- Click on Apps on the miniOrange dashboard, then search for Saba by clicking on 'S' letter.
- Click on Edit link.
- Update your ACS URL and SP Entity ID that you get from step 2.
Step 4: Onboard users into our system.
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can login into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 5: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select User Dashboard from right side menu.
- Click on saba application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
Saba- Learning Management System