WhosOnLocation is useful for overseeing people presence on the site of your organization. It provides management of visitors, employees, contractors and emergencies in one place.
miniOrange provides secure access to WhosOnLocation for enterprises and full control over access to the application. Single Sign On (SSO) into WhosOnLocation with one set of login credentials.
miniOrange supports both IdP (Identity Provider) and SP (Service Provider) initiated Single Sign On (SSO)
Follow the Step-by-Step Guide given below for WhosOnLocation Single Sign On (SSO)
Step 1: Configure miniOrange Settings for WhosOnLocation
- Login to miniOrange Admin Console.
- Go to Apps >> Manage Apps. Click Configure Apps button.
- Click on SAML tab. Select WhosOnLocation.
- Enter the SP Entity ID as https://login.whosonlocation.com/saml/acs/your_configid, where your_configid is the six-digit Account Config ID which you can get from SAML Parameters in WhosOnLocation.
- Enter the ACS URL as https://login.whosonlocation.com/saml/acs/your_configid, where your_configid is the six-digit Account Config ID which you can get from SAML Parameters in WhosOnLocation.
- Select E-mail Address from NameID dropdown.
- Leave the Attributes section empty.
- Go to the Add Policy and select DEFAULT from the Group Name dropdown.
- Now enter the WhosOnLocation in the Policy Name field.
- Select PASSWORD from the First Factor Type dropdown.
- Click on Save to configure WhosOnLocation.
- Click on Metadata link to download the metadata which will be required later. Click on Link to see the IDP initiated SSO link for Weekdone.
- Keep IdP Entity ID, SAML Login URL, SAML Logout URL and copy X.509 Certificate which you be require in Step 2.
Step 2: Configure WhosOnLocation Settings for miniOrange
- Login to your WhosOnLocation account as the Account Administrator.
- Click on Tools, go to Account and select User Access.
- Click on the Single Sign-on with SAML toggle to enable it and enter the details as shown:
|Issuer URL||Enter IdP Entity ID that you got from Step 1.|
|SSO Endpoint||Enter SAML Login URL that you got from Step 1.|
|SLS Endpoint||Enter SAML Logout URL that you got from Step 1.|
|Certificate/Fingerprint||Paste X.509 Certificate content that you got from Step 1.|
- Click Save SAML Configuration to save the Single Sign On (SSO) SAML settings.
- Save the new Login URL from the Our SAML Parameters section.
Step 3: Onboard users into our system
- Click on Users >> Add User.
- Here, fill the user details without the password and then click on the Create User button.
- Click on On Boarding Status tab. Check the email, with the registered e-mail id and select action Send Activation Mail with Password Reset Link from Select Action dropdown list and then click on Apply button.
- Now, Open your email id. Open the mail you get from miniOrange and then click on the link to set your account password.
- On the next screen, enter the password and confirm password and then click on the Reset Password button.
- Now, you can log in into miniOrange account by entering your credentials.
Step 4: Login to miniOrange Account
- Go to miniOrange dashboard and select the User Dashboard from the right side menu.
- Click on Weekdone application which you added, to verify your sso configuration.
Using Two Factor Authentication for WhosOnLocation
The most practical way to strengthen authentication is to require a second factor after the username/password stage. Since a password is something that a user knows, ensuring that the user also has something or using biometrics thwarts attackers that steal or gain access to passwords.
Traditional two-factor authentication solutions use hardware tokens (or "fobs") that users carry on their keychains. These tokens generate one-time passwords for the second stage of the login process. However, hardware tokens can cost up to $40 each. It takes time and effort to distribute them, tracks who has which one, and replace them when they break. They're easy to lose, hard to use, and users consistently report high levels of frustration with token-based systems.
For Further Details:
Guide For Single Sign On (SSO)
WhosOnLocation Single Sign On (SSO)
We offer Security Solutions of Single Sign-On, Two Factor Authentication, Fraud Prevention and much more.
Please call us at +1978 658 9387 (US), +91 77966 99612 (India) or email us at email@example.com